Recipe by kitchenslave03
From Cooking Light. I think some freshly grated parmesan on top would be nice.
Top Review by dmtgrey
Along with roasting the cauliflower, I also roasted a small onion and 2-cloves of garlic to add to the mix. I also added a 1/2 cup of madeira. My parents absolutely love it when I make this soup for them.
- 3 lbs cauliflower florets, about 2 large heads
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh thyme, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 3⁄4 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 dash pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine florets with oil; toss well. Add thyme and salt and toss well again. Arrange on a jelly-roll pan coated with nonstick spray. Bake at 400 1 hour or until golden brown, stirring after 30 minute.
- Combine florets, 2 c broth, and milk in a blender. Process 3 min or til smooth. Pour pureed mixture into a large saucepan. Add remaining broth and pepper. Cover over medium until heated. Garnish with fresh parsley or fresh thyme, if desired.