Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
From Cooking Light. I think some freshly grated parmesan on top would be nice.
- 3 lbs cauliflower florets, about 2 large heads
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh thyme, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 3⁄4 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 dash pepper
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine florets with oil; toss well. Add thyme and salt and toss well again. Arrange on a jelly-roll pan coated with nonstick spray. Bake at 400 1 hour or until golden brown, stirring after 30 minute.
- Combine florets, 2 c broth, and milk in a blender. Process 3 min or til smooth. Pour pureed mixture into a large saucepan. Add remaining broth and pepper. Cover over medium until heated. Garnish with fresh parsley or fresh thyme, if desired.
Along with roasting the cauliflower, I also roasted a small onion and 2-cloves of garlic to add to the mix. I also added a 1/2 cup of madeira. My parents absolutely love it when I make this soup for them.
Hello Kitchenslave! I think this is a very good recipe. The ONLY change I made is to change the herb from thyme to rosemary, only because that's what I had fresh, and I'd prefer to not use dried herbs whenver possible. Very simple recipe to make, with ingredients most people have on hand. Letting whoever reads this review, that the herb can be swapped out to your liking, so it's a versatile recipe too! Looking forward to having this as my meal for lunch tomorrow!