Recipe by Lee Gladman
This is a little different but quick with a light texture that freezes very well. I think I found it in a NZ Womens Weekly magazine.
Top Review by louisesingleton100
Mine didn't rise as much as I was expecting, but were, as advertised, very light and tasty. Really quick and easy recipe so would def make again. I substituted the glazed ginger with additional ground ginger, and didn't bother with coconut milk. Mine needed about 16-17 mins in the oven. I dry fried the cashew nuts and bashed in a bag to part grind before microwaving with the honey and butter - so easy and was v popular.
- 100 g melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk, warmed (ordinary milk is fine)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 cups finely chopped rhubarb
- 2 tablespoons glace ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 cups self raising flour
TOPPING IF DESIRED
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup toasted nuts or 1⁄2 cup cashews or 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter, eggs& sugar.
- Dissolve soda in milk add to mix with vanilla rhubarb& glace ginger.
- Fold in flour and ground ginger.
- Bake 200oC about 10-15 mins.
- Boil all together in microwave 2 minutes.
- Spoon onto hot muffins and leave to stand in tin.