Recipe by KateL
Entered for safe-keeping, when cooking for one or two, from Kuhn Rikon "Quick Cuisine" cookbook. Recipe was developed for the Kuhn-Rikon 2-L pressure frypan. DO NOT USE MORE THAN 1/4 cup oil. For a change of pace, lightly rub mustard on chicken before coating with flour or bread crumbs.
- 1⁄2 cup flour or 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 -6 chicken legs, skin removed
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil or 1⁄4 cup canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour or bread crumbs with salt and pepper in a plastic bag.
- (If desired, lightly coat chicken with mustard or creamy French dressing.) Add chicken and shake until well coated with mixture.
- In a 2-quart pressure frypan, heat oil over high heat.
- Add chicken pieces and cook until browned on one side (about 2 minutes). Use a splatter screen or conventional lid to cover chicken while browning.
- Turn chicken pieces.
- Secure lid and bring to 1st ring (low pressure) over high heat. Adjust heat to stabilize pressure at 1st red ring. (Use a heat diffuser if you need one to maintain low pressure.) Cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and follow the guidelines for your pressure cooker for semi-quick release. Kuhn Rikon recommends Touch Release (using a wooden spoon to depress the pressure valve) or the Automatic Release Method (for Duromatic Top cookers, in which the valve cap is lifted slightly and rotated 75 degrees until it engages for the first time for normal automatic pressure reduction).
- Place chicken on paper towels to absorb extra oil.
- Wash the gasket and lid immediately with soap and hot water.