Entered for safe-keeping, when cooking for one or two, from Kuhn Rikon "Quick Cuisine" cookbook. Recipe was developed for the Kuhn-Rikon 2-L pressure frypan. DO NOT USE MORE THAN 1/4 cup oil. For a change of pace, lightly rub mustard on chicken before coating with flour or bread crumbs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour or bread crumbs with salt and pepper in a plastic bag.
- 2(If desired, lightly coat chicken with mustard or creamy French dressing.) Add chicken and shake until well coated with mixture.
- 3In a 2-quart pressure frypan, heat oil over high heat.
- 4Add chicken pieces and cook until browned on one side (about 2 minutes). Use a splatter screen or conventional lid to cover chicken while browning.
- 5Turn chicken pieces.
- 6Secure lid and bring to 1st ring (low pressure) over high heat. Adjust heat to stabilize pressure at 1st red ring. (Use a heat diffuser if you need one to maintain low pressure.) Cook for 8 minutes.
- 7Remove from heat and follow the guidelines for your pressure cooker for semi-quick release. Kuhn Rikon recommends Touch Release (using a wooden spoon to depress the pressure valve) or the Automatic Release Method (for Duromatic Top cookers, in which the valve cap is lifted slightly and rotated 75 degrees until it engages for the first time for normal automatic pressure reduction).
- 8Place chicken on paper towels to absorb extra oil.
- 9Wash the gasket and lid immediately with soap and hot water.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light "Fried" Drumsticks - 2-Qt. Pressure Cooker
Serving Size: 1 (261 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 979.2
- Calories from Fat 612
- Total Fat 68.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 277.2 mg
- Sodium 264.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 63.8 g