Recipe by HulaHealthPrincess
Low in calories and in fat, this is a great treat after a hearty Thanksgiving meal!
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons light margarine (I like smart beat. You can use spreadable instead of the stick kind)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 3 egg whites
- 1 (12 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Coat a 9 inch pie pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl mix graham cracker crumbs, margarine and sugar and press into pie pan.
- In a large bowl mix together the pumpkin, egg whites, evaporated milk, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and cornstarch. Pour the mixture into prepared crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Then turn down the heat to 300°F and bake pie for an additional 35 minutes. Remove pie and allow to cool before serving.
- (HINT: the crust can be made ahead of time and place in the fridge, but after pouring in the pumpkin mixture bake right away, or else you'll get a soggy pie crust!)=).