Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Light Pumpkin-Oat Scones recipe from Food.com.
- # Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- # Prepare baking sheet by sparying lightly with cooking spray.
- # In a large bowl, combine the the flour,oatmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- # Cut in the margarine until the mixture resembles course meal.
- # Add the pumpkin, vanilla and yogurt into the flour mixture and mix thoroughly.
- # Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface just until it can be shaped. If the dough is too sticky add a little more flour but take care not to add too much as it toughens up the scones. Similarly, over kneading the dough also diminishes the final result.
- # Place the dough ball on the baking sheet and spread out into disk.
- Cut into 6 wedges.
- # Bake the scones 20 - 22 minutes.
These are really good. Like the previous reviewer I ended up with pretty moist scones, but since that made them bear a strong resemblance to pumpkin pie I wasn't complaining. Thanks for a great recipe!
This was actually pretty darn good. I didn't add extra flour but probably should have; my scones ended up a little moister than they should have been. Stlil pretty yummy. Next time I"ll probably add chopped apples Im also thinking of subbing crushed up bran or special k for some of the flour. All in all, pretty good. Oh, I modified slightly; I used probably closer to 1 cup canned pumpkin (mostly because that's what was left sitting in my fridge!) and 1/4 cup soy yogurt, along with vegan margerine. The instructions are pretty spotty, as they don't include all the ingredients, but it's pretty easy to guess. :) All in all, I liked it. Thanks!