Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Light Pumpkin-Oat Scones recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons reduced fat margarine
- 1 teaspoon nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar substitute
- # Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- # Prepare baking sheet by sparying lightly with cooking spray.
- # In a large bowl, combine the the flour,oatmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- # Cut in the margarine until the mixture resembles course meal.
- # Add the pumpkin, vanilla and yogurt into the flour mixture and mix thoroughly.
- # Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface just until it can be shaped. If the dough is too sticky add a little more flour but take care not to add too much as it toughens up the scones. Similarly, over kneading the dough also diminishes the final result.
- # Place the dough ball on the baking sheet and spread out into disk.
- Cut into 6 wedges.
- # Bake the scones 20 - 22 minutes.