Recipe by Pricele$$
We took the lightened gooey butter cake and pumpkin gooey butter cake from pauladeen.com and made a light pumpkin gooey butter cake and it was delicious
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat buttermilk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel)
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄4 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt (2%)
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Spray a 9 x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Place the cake mix in a large bowl. Whisk together the buttermilk, egg, and oil in a small bowl until blended. Add the buttermilk mixture to the cake mix, stirring just until blended. Pour the mixture into the baking dish.
- Beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin sugar, yogurt, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and butter. Spread over the cake mixture. Bake 40 – 50 minutes. You want the center to be a little gooey, so do not over bake.