Recipe by Debbwl
Not your everyday cornbread. This sweet pumpkin cornbread had a nice light middle which when paired with honey butter and coffee made it a nice breakfast this morning.
- 3⁄4 cup self rising flour
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend (can use regular brown sugar)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 16 ounces pumpkin puree (plain)
- 1⁄3 cup fat free Greek yogurt (plain)
- 1⁄2 cup egg white
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 350 F and grease a 9 x 9 glass baking pan.
- In large bowl whisk together flour, corn meal, brown sugar blend, baking powder, and pie spice. Set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together egg whites, yogurt and pumpkin puree. Add to dry ingredients and whisk till all are blended.
- Pour into greased pan and bake for about 35-45 minutes or until tooth pick comes out clean.
- Let rest 10 minutes in pan before cutting and serving.