1/3 Photos of Light Pumpkin Cookies With Splenda Sugar Blend by Kim
KRice, PA's Note:
It time for fall and holiday baking. Nothing makes the house smell better, feel warmer, and seem more inviting. This is a great recipe to use your canned , homegrown, or jack-o-lantern flesh. These turn out soft and delicious. For those of you that enjoy the flavor of nutmeg, you may add 1/8 tsp. to the recipe. This recipe certainly doesn't need it though. In fact, I prefer the cookies without it. Don't be afraid to try the Splenda Sugar Blend. It is significantly cheaper than Splenda alone and you can't even tell that you didn't use all that real sugar. No, seriously. If you don't believe me you can substitute the Splenda Sugar Blend with 1/2 cup of sugar. You're going to love these cookies. If you have kids, or a sweet tooth like myself, you could also toss in some chocolate chips. I haven't tried it yet, but I think it would taste great.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup applesauce (Two 4-ounce individual applesauce cups work great!)
- 1/4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking (this site made me write "for Baking"...I don't think the bag says that???)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, stir applesauce, Splenda Sugar Blend, and brown sugar.
- 3Add in the pumpkin, egg whites, and vanilla.
- 4In another bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 5Stir flour mixture into the sugar mixture and blend well.
- 6Scoop batter onto cooking sheet sprayed with Pam. Space cookies about 3 inches apart using a spoon.
- 7Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- 8Cool on a wire rack.
- 9Let the cookies cool and coat with your favorite icing, glaze, confectioners sugar, or leave them plain. They're just as tasty without any icing.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light Pumpkin Cookies With Splenda Sugar Blend by Kim
Serving Size: 1 (33 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 61.9
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 100.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 1.2 g