Recipe by cnelsongoens
A fabulously moist and decadent-tasting, but not-bad-for-you quick bread. If you like pumpkin bread you will love this recipe!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium bowl, stir flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda to combine.
- In large bowl, combine sugar, pumpkin, canola oil, yogurt, and egg whites. Stir to mix well.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients stirring until just moist after each addition.
- Add mini chocolate chips and stir to integrate.
- Spray two loaf pans (4 x 8 inch) with cooking spray. Pour half of batter into one pan and the rest into the other.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Check center with a toothpick for done-ness. Loaves may need another 10-15 minutes.
- Cool loaf pans on wire rack for 10 minutes and then remove loaves from pans to cool completely.
- This bread freezes very well which is good otherwise I would eat both loaves by myself.