Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
an even lighter version of Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins posted by Marg (CaymanDesingns). I needed something weight watcher friendly and her light version (Recipe 2509) was 5 Points
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Mix first 5 ingredients together, sparately, mix dry ingredients.
- Blend the two mixutres, fold in chips.
- generoulsy fill 24 greased(non stick cooking spray) or paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 degrees F. for 16-20 minute.
For low-cal this muffin was really good, better than some of the 'high cal' muffins I've made. Very fluffy texture -- not dense. Not overly sweet but the chocolate chips are a nice touch. I also cut the recipe in half with success. Will make it again! The reason I didn't give it a higher score is because it stuck to the paper liners a lot, and was so airy that it wasn't as filling as I'd like out of a muffin (if I'm grabbing it on-the-go for breakfast or something).
Thanks for bringing this down to 3 points!!! We thought they were very good. Great, light texture, and lovely flavor -- the pumpkin came through. I lightened it a tiny bit more; I cut the recipe in half, and instead of using 2 eggs, used 1 egg and 2 egg whites. I used my own combination of spices, which is pretty much the same as pumpkin pie spice, but includes cardamom (which I adore). This satisfied my sweet tooth, without being too sweet. Will definitely make this again. Thanks for posting!