Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Adapted from Cooking Light
Make and share this Light Pork & Pineapple Kebabs recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled & grated
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) jarasian plum sauce
- 12 ounces pork tenderloin, trimmed of any fat,cut into 24 pieces
- 2 bell peppers, seeded,cut into 24 chunks
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Soak 4 wooden skewers in water for 20 minutes or use metal skewers.
- Preheat your broiler.
- Drain pineapple and save 1/4 cup of the canning juices; set aside pineapple chunks for now.
- Combine that juice with the ginger, vinegar, and plum sauce in a small pan and bring to boil; cook 1 minute then remove from heat and set aside.
- (Note: If you want to have some dipping sauce, set aside a some of the sauce for basting and save the rest for drizzling/dipping later).
- Thread pineapple chunks, pork pieces,bell peppers evenly onto each skewer and set on a broiler pan that has been greased with nonstick spray.
- Baste with some of the pineapple sauce.
- Broil for 12 minutes or until pork is cooked through, turning occassioanlly and basting often with the sauce.
- Mix cooked rice with green onions and almonds.
- Serve kebabs on top of portions of rice and drizzle with reserved pineapple sauce.