This came from a recent issue of Chatelaine, and I'll definitely be making it again. The sauce is really tasty and it's low in fat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g pork tenderloin, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 14.79 ml paprika
- 14.79 ml flour
- 0.25 ml cayenne
- 22.18 ml olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 226.79 g mushrooms, sliced
- 4.92 ml salt, to taste
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow peppers or 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 59.14 ml white wine or 59.14 ml chicken stock
- 2.46 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 118.29 ml low-fat sour cream
- 473.18 ml cooked rice
- 1Mix paprika, flour and cayenne.
- 2Toss pork in mixture to coat.
- 3Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium high heat in a non-stick or seasoned cast iron skillet.
- 4Brown pork and remove once it is just cooked.
- 5Keep warm.
- 6Add remaining oil, garlic, onion, mushrooms and salt to the pan, cook until mushrooms start to soften.
- 7Add peppers and cook until tender-crisp.
- 8Add pork, wine (or stock) and Worcestershire.
- 9Stir constantly until liquid has mostly thickened and evaporated.
- 10Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- 11Serve over rice or egg noodles.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light Pork Paprikash With Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (425 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 433.5
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 86.6 mg
- Sodium 663.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 29.7 g