Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This light dessert can be made even lighter if you choose the fatfree instant pudding. Note that vanilla yogurt gives this dessert a richer flavour.
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding or 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vegetarian instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (19 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- If you buy your pineapple in metric-sized tins, you want the 540mL tin of crushed pineapple.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together pudding mix and undrained pineapple.
- Whisk in yogurt.
- Spoon into serving dishes and chill until serving time (needs only 30 minutes at the most in the fridge before they're ready to eat).
- These look particularly attractive when garnished with a few fresh berries-- try blueberries or raspberries.
- If taking to a potluck, don't spoon it into individual dishes but rather leave it in the bowl.
Very good low calorie dessert that can be made in just minutes. Thanks for the recipe Lennie!
I made this for myself for Christmas dinner [I'm a new diabetic, and I didn't want to feel left out at dessert time]. I used vanilly yogurt, and it was delicious. In fact, some of my family who are not diabetic wanted to share my dessert, and everyone loved it ! Thanks for a great new treat, Lennie.
I just made this using sugar-free, fat-free vanilla pudding and it was quite bitter and off tasting. Maybe it was the pudding mix, but I had to add almost double the yogurt to make it edible. I don't know what happened! I will try it again. Thanks for sharing the recipe!