Recipe by Tricia Foley
This recipe is from a TOH magazine that I borrowed from the library. I am posting it to try later.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, undrained
- 4 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (1 ounce) package sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) carton Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, oranges, egg whites and applesauce on low speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a 9x13 pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl combine pineapple and pudding mix.
- Fold in whipped topping just until blended.
- Spread over cake.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.