This is From Cooking Light November 2000 issue and they are fabulous, the best part, only 77 calories each!!!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat cream cheese, softened (2 oz)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- cooking spray
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- To prepare Pastry: Combine flour, 1 Tbsp sugar, dash of salt in a small bowl. Combine cream cheese, butter and milk in large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended.
- Add flour mixture; beat at low speed until just blended and crumbly.
- Press into a ball. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface, knead lightly 3 to 4 times.
- Divide dough into 24 portions, Place 1 portion in each of 24 mini muffin cups coated with the cooking spray.
- Using your fingers, press dough into bottom and up sides of cups.
- To prepare filling: divide pecans evenly among muffin cups.
- Combine brown sugar and remaining ingredients in a small bowl; spoon about 2 teaspoons filling over pecans in each muffin cup.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until pastry is lightly browned and filling is puffy.
- Cool in cups for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Run a knife around the outside edge of each cup and remove them from the pan, allow to cool completely on a wire rack.