Recipe by Mar-bear
I addaped this recipe from a full fat version and I think its just as yummy. If you like the combo of chocolate and peanut butter give this a try.
- 1 (18 ounce) box dark chocolate cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 (12 ounce) can diet cola
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar substitute (like slenda)
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cake mix with egg and diet cola. Mix well. Put into a 9/13 pan and bake a 350 for 30 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Warm the peanut butter up slightly in the microwave (for like 20-30 sec). Spread warm peanut butter over warm cake.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar,slenda,cocoa,and cornstarch. Add water and stir until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickend. Remove from heat;stir in butter and vanilla until smooth. Spread onto cake right away while frosting is still warm.