1/1 Photo of Light Peach Cake
This is a great recipe with surprisingly allot of flavor to it. The peaches make it really fresh and the cake is really light and fluffy. Oh it is just sooo good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- butter-flavored cooking spray
- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- 3/4 cup no sugar sugar substitute (such as Splenda or One Spoon)
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large egg, separated
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/4 cup water
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 orange, zest of, grated
- 1/2 cup egg white, at room temperature (whites of 4 large eggs or use refrigerated egg whites)
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 cups no sugar fat-free whipped topping
- 1 lb fresh peach, peeled and sliced thin,then covered with water and
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, until ready to use
- 1Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 2Lightly coat a 9-inch cake pan with cooking spray.
- 3Place the flour, sugar substitute, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- 5Make a well in the middle.
- 6Beat together oil, egg yolk, egg substitute, water, vanilla, and orange zest.
- 7Pour into flour mixture and blend well.
- 8In a large bowl, combine the 1 egg white with the additional 1/2 cup.
- 9Beat the egg whites and cream of tartar until the whites have stiff peaks.
- 10Gently fold into the flour mixture Place in the prepared cake pan and bake 35-40 minutes until golden brown.
- 11Turn out onto rack to cool completely Using a serrated knife, slice the cake in half horizontally.
- 12Cover with 3/4 of the whipped topping.
- 13Place the peaches, leaving a few slices for decoration, on top and cover with top of cake.
- 14Decorate the center of the cake with rosettes of whipped topping and decorate with remaining peach slices.
- 15Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light Peach Cake
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.3
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 28.0 mg
- Sodium 163.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 4.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of
fat-free whipped topping