Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this in a Cooking Light cookbook. It is pretty simple to make.
Make and share this Light Pasta Carbonara recipe from Food.com.
- 4 slices turkey bacon, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups hot cooked thin pasta (12 oz dry)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 6 tablespoons fat-free egg substitute
- Cook bacon in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until crisp.
- Add garlic, saute for 1 minute or until tender.
- Reduce heat to low, stir in pasta, cheese, parsley, and pepper.
- Combine egg substitue and milk, add to pasta, stirring constantly for 3 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Serve immediately.
Great, fast and very tasty. My DH and kids loved it. I did use real bacon bits instead of the turkey bacon because that was what I had on hand. Also, I used 1 can of evaporated skim milk instead of the 2%. We will have this over and over again.
This dish doesn't have an outstanding flavor. However it is REALLY easy to make and tastes good for the number of calories it contains. I will be making again. Thanks!