LEGG Gustafson's Note:
From Cooks Illustrated The Best Light Recipe, it really is perfect every time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spread the rice in an 8 inch square glass baking dish.
- 2Bring water and oil to a boil, once boiling remove water from heat and slowly add salt. (Dumping the salt in causes it to boil over.).
- 3Pour the water and oil over the rice and cover baking dish tightly with a double layer of foil.
- 4Bake until rice is tender about one hour. If using a convection oven 45 minutes will do.
- 5Remove rice from oven, fluff with fork and cover with a clean dish towel. Let stand 5 minutes.
Browse Our Top Brown Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Brown Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light Oven Baked Brown Rice
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.7
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 197.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 3.2 g