Recipe by Lainey6605
These delicious bars can be eaten guilt-free because they are made with applesauce and low-sugar preserves.
- 118.29 ml extra-light vegetable oil spread (such as I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Mediterranean Blend 60 percent vegetable oil spread)
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 2.46 ml almond extract
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 354.88 ml old fashioned oats
- 177.44 ml low-sugar strawberry preserves
- 59.14 ml applesauce
- 2.46 ml lemon juice
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line 9-inch square baking pan with foil; coat with cooking spray.
- On medium speed, beat spread and granulated sugar until fluffy, 30 seconds; beat in extract.
- Beat in flour, soda and salt until combined.
- Beat in oats.
- Reserve 1 cup dough.
- Spread remaining dough in pan.
- In bowl, combine preserves, applesauce and lemon juice; spread over dough in pan.
- Drop reserved dough by 1/2 teaspoonfuls on top.
- Bake 40 minutes or until golden.
- Use foil to lift cookie from pan.
- Peel foil from edges.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
- Cut into bars.