These delicious bars can be eaten guilt-free because they are made with applesauce and low-sugar preserves.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup extra-light vegetable oil spread (such as I Can't Believe It's Not Butter! Mediterranean Blend 60 percent vegetable oil spread)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup low-sugar strawberry preserves
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- confectioners' sugar (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Line 9-inch square baking pan with foil; coat with cooking spray.
- 3On medium speed, beat spread and granulated sugar until fluffy, 30 seconds; beat in extract.
- 4Beat in flour, soda and salt until combined.
- 5Beat in oats.
- 6Reserve 1 cup dough.
- 7Spread remaining dough in pan.
- 8In bowl, combine preserves, applesauce and lemon juice; spread over dough in pan.
- 9Drop reserved dough by 1/2 teaspoonfuls on top.
- 10Bake 40 minutes or until golden.
- 12Use foil to lift cookie from pan.
- 13Peel foil from edges.
- 14Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, if desired.
- 15Cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light Oatmeal Strawberry Bars
Serving Size: 1 (32 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 109.4
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 113.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 12.6 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
extra-light vegetable oil spread
low-sugar strawberry preserves