Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
The combination of a WW recipe and a Cooking Light recipe. Hopefully it works!
Make and share this Light Oatmeal Raisin Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar substitute
- 1⁄2 tablespoon margarine, softened
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1 egg white
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- Beat sugar and butter together until blended.
- Add applesauce and egg; beat well.
- Combine flour, oats, soda, cinnamon and salt in small bowl.
- Add flour mixture to sugar/butter mixture; beat until blended.
- Stir in raisins and vanilla.
- Using 3 level tablespoon, drop dough 2- inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Flatten slightly.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from pan; cool.
I had high hopes for these cookies, but when baked they came out as dry, lumpy cakes. I might err on the side of less baking then more, and when dropping the batter, making sure that the drops are small. Flattening them more might also help them crisp up a bit. With all that said, the actual taste of the cookie, the batter, was good.