Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 8 slices Texas toast thick bread
- 1 cup egg substitute, like Egg Beaters
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup skim milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut each slice of bread into 3 pieces to make sticks. Texas Toast is a very thick sliced bread about 3/4" thick. You could substitute french bread if Texas toast is not available.
- In a bowl, mix together egg substitute, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla and skim milk. Beat well.
- Dip sticks into egg mixture and place on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- If there is any dip left, you can drizzle it over the sticks.
- Bake for 25 minutes on middle rack of oven. Turn halfway through baking time.
- Allow to cool.
- Flash freeze on cookie sheet, remove and place in a ziploc bag.
- To reheat: place 3 sticks on a microwave-safe plate and heat on high for 1 minute until warm. Serve with light or sugar free syrup.