Recipe by DuChick
From the Taste of Home magazine, this cake "is a reat treat drizzled with the sweet-tart lemon glaze". Made with lighter ingredients, each serving equals 228 calories and 3 gr. fat.
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup egg white (about 7)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 3⁄4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the first seven ingredients.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into lemon mixture until smooth.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy.
- Add cream of tartar; beat until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into the lemon mixture.
- Pour into an ungreased 10" tube pan with removable bottom.
- Bake at 325* for 45-55 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Immediately invert pan; cool completely.
- Remove cake to a serving platter.
- Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over cake.