Recipe by ~SarahBeth~
Adapted from a Southern Living recipe. I like these since I get to eat fried catfish -- which I LOVE and I get to not feel guilty about it!!! Be careful adding more salt if your cajun seasoning is really salty.
Top Review by mightyro_cooking4u
Love this recipe. I have always liked the cornmeal breading on fish. I used tilapia and made a homemade salsa with coleslaw and homemade chips. Made for Everyday is a Holiday.
- 4 (6 ounce) catfish fillets
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- vegetable oil cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle catfish fillets evenly with desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Stir together yellow cornmeal and other seasonings (using cayenne and cajun seasoning to taste) in a shallow dish.
- Dredge catfish fillets in cornmeal mixture; coat fillets on each side lightly with vegetable cooking spray.
- Cook in a hot skillet over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until fish begins to flake and is opaque throughout.