Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I got this one from Womans day mag.
Make and share this Light My Fire Brownie Sundaes recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, toasted, cooled and coarsely chopped
- 2 (21 ounce) cans cherry pie filling
- 1 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄3 cup cherry brandy
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Heat oven to 325°F You'll need 16 heart-shaped foil baking cups (raynoleds' fun shapes) on a rimmed baking sheet, or a 3in heart shaped cookie cutter and a 13 x 9 in baking pan lined with nonstick foil(let foil extend about 2 in above pan at both ends).
- Brownies: Microwave butter and chocolate in large bowl on high, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted and smooth. Whisk in sugar, then eggs, 1 at a time, then vanilla. With a rubber spatula, stir in flour, cocoa powder and salt just until blended. Stir in pecans. Divide batter evenly amoun baking cups, or spread into baking pan.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes for foil cups, 24 to 26 minutes for baking pan, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs clinging. Transfer to a wire rack; cool completely. Remove brownies from cups or, holding foil by ends, lift from pan, cut out 12 hearts with cookie cutter and carefully remove foil.
- Sauce: Drain pie filling in a colander; discard liquid. Mix 1 tbsp cranberry juice and the cornstarch in a small bowl. Stir remaining juice and the sugar in a 10 in skillet over medium-high heat until it boils and sugar dissolves. Using a whisk, stir in cornstarch mixture. Cook, stirring, until thickened. Add almond extract and cherries; stir 3 minutes or until hot.
- Slowly pour brandy over cherries and carefully ignite with a long match. Shake pan back and forth until flames die out.
- Top each with a small scoop of ice cream, then warm or room temperature sauce.