1 hr 30 mins
I got this one from Womans day mag.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup butter
- 4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans, toasted, cooled and coarsely chopped
- 1Heat oven to 325°F You'll need 16 heart-shaped foil baking cups (raynoleds' fun shapes) on a rimmed baking sheet, or a 3in heart shaped cookie cutter and a 13 x 9 in baking pan lined with nonstick foil(let foil extend about 2 in above pan at both ends).
- 2Brownies: Microwave butter and chocolate in large bowl on high, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted and smooth. Whisk in sugar, then eggs, 1 at a time, then vanilla. With a rubber spatula, stir in flour, cocoa powder and salt just until blended. Stir in pecans. Divide batter evenly amoun baking cups, or spread into baking pan.
- 3Bake 20 to 22 minutes for foil cups, 24 to 26 minutes for baking pan, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with moist crumbs clinging. Transfer to a wire rack; cool completely. Remove brownies from cups or, holding foil by ends, lift from pan, cut out 12 hearts with cookie cutter and carefully remove foil.
- 4Sauce: Drain pie filling in a colander; discard liquid. Mix 1 tbsp cranberry juice and the cornstarch in a small bowl. Stir remaining juice and the sugar in a 10 in skillet over medium-high heat until it boils and sugar dissolves. Using a whisk, stir in cornstarch mixture. Cook, stirring, until thickened. Add almond extract and cherries; stir 3 minutes or until hot.
- 5Slowly pour brandy over cherries and carefully ignite with a long match. Shake pan back and forth until flames die out.
- 6Top each with a small scoop of ice cream, then warm or room temperature sauce.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light My Fire Brownie Sundaes
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.5
- Calories from Fat 187
- Total Fat 20.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 83.6 mg
- Sodium 181.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 29.6 g
- Protein 4.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: