Recipe by s'kat
This is a lovely, zippy dressing with the original ingredients. Adding the optional ones gives you a lovely little sauce that is the perfect counterpoint to the richness of crabcakes. Adapted from Savannah Seasons.
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon powdered dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon toasted mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno mustard (optional) or 1 tablespoon horseradish mustard (optional)
- 1 egg yolk, beaten (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustards, mustard seeds, salt and pepper.
- If desired, add spicy mustard.
- Add the hot water, and whisk well to combine.
- If desired, add egg yolk, and whisk again.
- Let sit for at least 1 hour for flavours to meld.