Recipe by blucoat
This is a moist and delicious carrot cake recipe from "Good Housekeeping". It produces a fluffy (rather than dense) cake and also makes great cupcakes (about 24). If you wanted frosted cupcakes, cut down the sugar in the cake recipe by 1/4 cup. For Cream Cheese Icing: In bowl, stir 2 oz. reduced-fat cream cheese and 1/4 c. sugar until smooth. Add 1/2 tsp milk, 1/4 tsp vanilla, and 1/2 c. more sugar; stir to a drizzling consistency.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 (8 -8 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 (10 ounce) bagshredded carrots
- 1⁄2 cup dark raisin (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray nonstick 12-cup Bundt-style pan with nonstick cooking spray with flour.
- Combine flour, soda, cinnamon, ginger, baking powder, and salt.
- In large bowl, with mixer on medium speed, beat eggs and egg whites until blended. Beat in sugars; beat 2 minutes. On low speed, beat in pineapple with juice, oil, and vanilla. Add flour mixture; beat 1 minute. Stir in carrots and raisins.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Invert cake onto rack; cool completely.