Recipe by That Napa Chicken Ranch
For those of us trying to stay heart healthy- but needing a treat as well.
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Molly McButter
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour evaporated skim milk and fresh skim into a medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan. Adding about a third of the flour at a time, whisk briskly into milk until blended.
- Whisk egg yolk into milk mixture until blended.
- Bring mixture to gentle boil over medium heat; whisking constantly continue to cook 10 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Reduce heat to low and whisk in lemon juice and remaining four ingredients.
- Simmer for 5 minutes, whisking often.