Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This is a light, refreshing ice cream and the only fat comes from the chocolate chips. Our whole family loves it! For a truly fat free treat, leave out the chips :) (Cook time is freezing time)
Top Review by ellie_
Great ice cream that doesn't taste "light". I only used 1/4 teaspoon of the pepermint extract which was the perfect amount for us. I was wondering about adding a bit of green food coloring next time I make this ice cream to give it the mint look as well as the great mint taste. Thanks Karen for sharing this great light ice cream that will be a regular at our house.
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 ounces pastuerized egg substitute (Egg Beaters)
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3⁄4-1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or 3⁄4-1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together egg substitute, sugar, and mint extract and combine well.
- Add half-n-half and milk and stir until incorporated.
- Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Pour chilled liquid into your ice cream maker.
- Five minutes before freezing is complete, add the chocolate chips.
- Note: Be careful of the mint extract; some are stronger than others (start at smallest amount and taste before freezing).