Recipe by Amanda Beth
This is a fajita-type filling for tortillas. It is only 2 ww points per serving.It is made without any oil. Fast, easy, and good!
Top Review by OB Nurse
I've made this twice now. Wonderful! Cooking the chicken in lemon juice and water really makes it tender and not greasy. It has a wonderful flavor, but not lemony as I expected (which is good, I didn't want that). In fact, I now use this method to cook the chicken for other recipes. The first time I used small flour tortillas and had them as fajitas with cheese and sour cream. The second time, I put the chicken in pre-made taco shells with cheese, sour cream, and lettuce as tacos. Both were delicious. From cutting up the chicken to eat time was about 40 minutes. Definitely will stay in my cookbook for frequent use. I made this again tonight, but added a can of black beans when adding the tomatoes--really good!
- 8 ounces uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 small onion, quartered and sliced
- 1⁄8 cup lemon juice, bottled or canned (you can use fresh)
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 14 1⁄2 ounces canned stewed tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes