Recipe by Oolala
Parade Magazine, April 27th, 2008. Sounds up my alley but I am posting it so I don't lose it! "Yogurt dressing best compliments the flavor of these veggies."
- 4 lamb loin chops or 4 lamb rib chops, 1 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large lemon, reserve the juice
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup cucumber, peeled, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄2 lemon, reserve juice
- 1 garlic clove, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- For the marinade, combine all ingredients and add the chops; cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine all salad ingredients in a large serving bowl.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients, then fold it into the salad and refrigerate it for up to 2 hours before serving, if necessary.
- Remove the lamb from the marinade and broil or grill about 3 inches from the heat source for 4-5 minutes on each side for medium rare.
- Serve immediately with the salad alongside.