Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These mash potatoes are light in texture and light in fat. Tyler Florence was the once who convinced me to invest in a potato ricer and was so right. Run out and buy one now if you don't already have one and then enjoy these perfect mashed potatoes
- 1 1⁄4 lbs potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon light margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- Cut potatoes in half or until no more than 2 inches thick.
- Boil potatoes until tender (if you use a thin skinned potato, no need to peel).
- Heat remaining ingredients slowly until just hot, not boiling (microwave at 70% power or sauce pan on medium-high heat).
- Press potatoes through potato ricer into large bowl, cleaning skin out of ricer between rounds.
- After all potatoes are riced, slowly stir in milk mixture until the right consistency.