Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
from Cooking Light.
- 4 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 cup Fontina cheese, shredded and divided
- 3⁄4 cup gruyere cheese, shredded and divided
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup warm 1% low-fat milk
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Place potatoes in a large Dutch oven. Cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until tender; drain. Return potatoes to pan.
- Add 3/4 cup fontina cheese, 1/2 cup Gruyère cheese, butter, salt, and freshly ground black pepper to pan; mash with a fork or potato masher until well combined.
- Add warm milk to pan; continue mashing potato mixture until desired consistency.
- Spoon into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/4 cup fontina cheese and remaining 1/4 cup Gruyère cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven; remove and discard foil.
- Preheat broiler.
- Broil gratin 5 minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbly.