Recipe by Livelygirl
This lighter version of a delicacy served at my favorite restaurant is the perfect ending to a rich meal.
- 3 teaspoons gelatin
- 3 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 2⁄3 cup nonfat milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 vanilla beans (or 2 tsp vanilla bean paste)
- 1⁄2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1⁄2 cup fat free sour cream or 1⁄2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle the gelatin over the 4 Tbsp milk and let sit for 15 minutes to soften.
- In a saucepan, stir the milk, half and half, sugar, and vanilla bean over medium heat until it just starts to boil. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mascarpone and the yogurt/sour cream
- until smooth.
- Stir the gelatin into the heated milk mixture and stir well for at least 2 minutes or until bits of gelatin are no longer visible.
- Pour the mixture through a strained into the mascarpone mixture to remove any bits of hard gelatin.
- Grease 6-8 custard cups and pour the panna cotta into each mold. Chill overnight. Serve inverted onto a plate with a fruit or chocolate garnish.