Recipe by CandyTX
This light and flavorful recipe was created for RSC#11. The vegetables with the melted gouda make for a light appetizer or snack. These are wonderful eaten plain or with salsa. Special Note: Make sure you use enough cheese and melt it around the nuts and beans so they don't fall out, toppings let you control how much zip it has :)
Top Review by Kumquat the Cat's friend
5 stars. This was great, my BF and I both liked this a lot. Nuts and beans fell out of the tortillas, but that was okay they cooked separately and I piled them on top with lots of yummy salsa. I found some low-fat gouda so that was a plus too! Thanks! Made for RSC #11.:D
- 6 ounces fresh Baby Spinach
- 2 ounces pine nuts
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 cups shredded gouda cheese
- 12 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed (canned)
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a medium frying pan. Wilt Baby Spinach in the oil until tender, but so that it still is separate leaves. Set aside to cool for 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl mix by hand: Pine Nutes, Gouda, shallots, and Black Beans. Add Baby Spinach once cooled.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of mixture onto a flour tortilla. Top with another tortilla. Fry tortillas in frying pan for 2 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Cut quesadillas into quarters and serve with salsa or guacamole.