Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another one of our lighter fare favorites. We started with a recipe from Cooking Light and tweaked it to suit our tastes. It's extremely easy to make and much healthier than the average tiramisu. We served this at Christmas dinner for a very fussy crowd and it was a big hit! Preparation time does not include chilling time. Please note that the fat content posted for this recipe is for the entire tiramisu. The actual fat serving is actually about 2 grams per serving. WOW! To make it diabetic friendly just substitute sugar-free pudding. You could also make your own "Kahlua" by using Splenda. Enjoy!
- 1 (12 ounce) can fat-free evaporated milk, chilled
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package French vanilla instant pudding
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, room temperature (1/2 of a 8 oz block)
- 4 ounces fat-free whipped topping (1/2 of a 8 oz tub)
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1⁄2 cup Kahlua (coffee liqueur)
- 12 ladyfingers (1 3oz package)
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa, divided
- In a large bowl mix the evaporated milk, vanilla and pudding mix with a hand mixer on medium speed. Chill for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Add the cream cheese and beat with a hand mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Gently fold in the whipped topping.
- Add the instant coffee to the hot water and mix in the Kahlua.
- Separate the ladyfingers and place 8 in the bottom of a trifle bowl or other large glass bowl, flat sides down. Drizzle with 1/3 cup Kahlua mixture. Spread 1/3 of the pudding mixture evenly over the ladyfingers and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cocoa. (Note: I use a small strainer/sifter to help break up any chunks and to ensure the entire surface is evenly covered).
- Repeat with 2 more layers, ending with the cocoa.
- Cover and chill up to 8 hours (Note: we've eaten it after 4 hours and thought it was delicious however it was definitely tastier the next day.