1/3 Photos of Light Low-Fat Oatmeal Carmelitas (Half Whole Wheat)
I Can't Believe It's Healthy's Note:
These are wonderful Low-fat treats you can feel good about eating or feeding to your family! Note: If you want a sweet crust and crumble add more brown sugar. The crust is slightly sweet, but not that usual, cloying sweet. Add closer to 3/4 cup. Also, for the margarine, notice the note i wrote with the ingrediant. That is the nutrition info for the margarine i used, Becel Light, and if you use anything lower calorie/ fat from that I believe it will change the outcome. Anything higher calorie should just make it nice and buttery-tasting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 2/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar (See Note Above)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup reduced fat margarine, softened (Non Hydrogenated, NO LESS THAN ( 35 calories, 4 grams fat, and 0.5 grams sat. fat PER 2 tsp.)
- 5 teaspoons unsweetened applesauce
- butterscotch extract, to taste (optional)
- 1Heat oven to 350F, and grease 8x8 inch pan.
- 2In large bowl, blend all crust ingredients at low speed until crumbly.
- 3Press half of crumb mixture into the bottom of the greased pan, reserving the remaining crumb mixture for topping.
- 4Bake at 350F for 10 minutes.
- 5In the meantime, in smaller bowl combine caramel topping and 5 teaspoons flour then set aside.
- 6Sprinkle warm crust with chocolate chips and nuts.
- 7Pour caramel mixture evenly over chocolate and nuts, then sprinkle overtop with reserved crumb mixture.
- 8Put back in oven and bake an additional 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- 9Refrigerate 1 1/2-2 hours or until filling is set, and serve at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light Low-Fat Oatmeal Carmelitas (Half Whole Wheat)
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.5
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.1 mg
- Sodium 197.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 2.4 g