Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
From Taste of Home.
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml cornstarch
- 709.77 ml skim milk
- 158.51 ml lemon juice
- 7.39 ml grated lemon peel
- 1.23 ml vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml light whipped topping
- 0.19 ml yellow food coloring (optional)
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch; gradually stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in lemon juice, peel and vanilla. Set saucepan in ice; stir until mixture reaches room temperature, about 5 minutes.
- Fold in whipped topping and food coloring if desired.
- Spoon into dessert dishes.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.
This is really easy and very yummy! I used Splenda instead of sugar and sugar-free Cool Whip, but everything else as written. Not too tart, and very light. Made for Fall 2008 PAC.