- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 3 cups skim milk
- 2⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups light whipped topping
- 3 drops yellow food coloring (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch; gradually stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat.
- Stir in lemon juice, peel and vanilla. Set saucepan in ice; stir until mixture reaches room temperature, about 5 minutes.
- Fold in whipped topping and food coloring if desired.
- Spoon into dessert dishes.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.