Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I have a little booklet that is 29 Delicious recipes "Slim down with soup". I took this basic soup and just touched it up a bit.
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 1⁄2 cup orzo pasta
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- lemon, rounds
- cilantro, Chopped
- salt & pepper
- Cover the chicken breasts with water, and poach on medium-low heat for about 20 minutes, or until cooked through. Let cook a bit and cut into bite size chunks. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place broth, dill weed, 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and orzo in a large saucepan. Simmer, uncovered, until orzo is tender, about 20 minutes.
- Stir in remaining lemon juice and chicken.
- Serve with a slice of lemon round and cilantro.