Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
This is a great family pleaser. I made this one night for my family in hopes of starting to eat more sensibly, and well, we at least have one recipe that is light :) Thank you for trying it. ENJOY!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 lbs chicken tenders
- 1⁄2 medium yellow sweet onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice onion into 1/4 inch rings, and set aside.
- Stir together the salt, pepper, sugar, lemon juice, cold water and corn starch, and set aside.
- In a large wok or skillet, brown the onions and chicken in the butter.
- Add the lemon mixture and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Serving Suggestions: white or brown rice, broccoli, garlic bread, shred the chicken and place in between two slices of toasted wheat bread for Asian sandwiches.