Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Connie's recipe from family collection.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 tablespoons Grape-nuts cereal
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 12 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces lemon low fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pint strawberry, hulled and cut in half
- Crust: Coat a 9-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a food processor, combine 4 TBSP Grape Nuts cereal and 1 1/2 TBSP sugar. Process until fine crumbs form. Place crumb mixture in prepared pan; tilt and rotate the pan to coat the bottom and sides with crumbs. Tap the pan on teh counter so that the crumbs are evenly distributed. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Filling: In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer until smooth. Add 1 1/4 cups sugar, egg yolks, vanilla and salt. Beat until smooth. With the mixer at a low speed, gradually add yogurt and flour, beating until smooth. (Alternatively, you can blend all ingredients in a food processor).
- In a large, clean mixing bowl and with clean beaters, beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining 2 TBSP sugar, whipping until stiff, but not until dry peaks form. With a rubber spatula, fold the beaten whites into the cream cheese mixture.
- Turn the batter into the prepared pan and bake 50-60 minute or until cheesecake is puffed and the top is pale golden and dry to touch.
- Turn off the oven and leave with the cheesecake in the oven with the door closed 30 minutes longer. Remove cheesecake from the oven and let cool completely on wired rack. Remove the springform pan sides. Refrigerate, loosely covered with plastic wrap, at least 4 hours or up to 2 days.
- Shortly before serving, arrange the strawberries over the cheesecake.