Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a quick no-bake light cheesecake. It has a great texture and flavor. Cook time is for chilling.
- 1 graham cracker, crushed
- 1 package lemon gelatin
- 2⁄3 cup boiling water
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese
- 2 cups Cool Whip Lite
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- Spray 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with 1/2 of the graham cracker crumbs; set aside.
- Dissolve gelatin completely in boiling water in a small bowl, stirring 2 minutes.
- Pour into blender container.
- Add cheeses; cover.
- Blend on medium speed until smooth, scraping down sides occasionally.
- Pour into large bowl.
- Gently stir in whipped topping.
- Spread in prepared pie plate.
- Sprinkle remaining crumbs around outside edge, leaving center plain.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm.
- Just before serving, gently spread pie filling onto center of cheesecake.
Yum...this was pretty good. Nice, light, fluffy texture. I did add 1 tsp of lemon extract (I like lemon!) and used fresh raspberries between the crust and the filling, and then again sprinkled on top (instead of the pie filling--too much sugar) This made it a very low calorie, lowfat, and low sugar dessert.
I was going to submit this recipe until I saw your. I got this recipe from TOH Light and Tasty magazine. I used all reduced fat products and substituted ricotta cheese for the cottage cheese. This was very easy to make and a nice light dessert.