Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this in one of my low-carb cookbooks...
Make and share this Light Lemon Cauliflower recipe from Food.com.
- Place 1 tlbs parsley, lemon peel and about 1 inch of water in a large saucepan.
- Place cauliflower in steamer basket and place in saucepan.
- Bring water to a boil over medium heat.
- Cover and steam 14 to 16 minutes or until cauliflower is crisp-tender.
- Remove to large bowl; keep warm.
- Reserve 1/2 cup hot liquid.
- Heat margarine (or butter) in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic; cook and stir 2 to 4 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in lemon juice and reserved liquid.
- Spoon lemon sauce over cauliflower.
- Sprinkle with remaining 3 tbls parsley and cheese before serving .
- Garnish with lemon slices, if desired.
This veggie side dish paired beautifully with snapper almondine. I chose to steam the cauliflower minus the lemon peel and parsley. This would also work well with other vegetables, too. I added some asparagus for color. Freshly grated Grana Padano cheese to top it all off. The cauliflower and parsley were from our CSA box and were made good use of! Prepared for the FYI tag game.
Simple, healthy and yummy! I love the combination of lemon, garlic, parmesan. It's a great way to cook cauliflower. Thank you!
What a great recipe to showcase cauliflower! Lemon, garlic, parsley, and Parmesan compliment it. Made as posted except I put all the parsley in with the water. The sauce is not thick but there to spoon onto plate.