Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A tasty healthier version of a comfort food classic.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (26 ounce) jar light spaghetti sauce
- 6 whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 1 (15 ounce) container fat-free ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces fat free mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 5 ounces fresh spinach leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook ground turkey, onion, garlic, basil, and oregano in nonstick skillet until browned. Drain. Add spaghetti sauce and simmer 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- In a large bowl combine ricotta, 4oz mozzarella, spinach, egg white, parsley, and black pepper.
- In a 9x13 baking pan, spread 3/4 cup meat sauce. Layer 3 noodles over sauce, top with half of the ricotta mixture, then one cup sauce. Repeat with remaining noodles, ricotta, and sauce.
- Cover with foil and bake 50 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Remove foil, add reserved 4oz mozzarella and return to oven until cheese is melted (5 to 10 minutes).
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.