2 hrs 20 mins
1 hr 20 mins
Chef TanyaK's Note:
From Cooking Light a long time ago. I lost my hard drive and want to save this for the future. I make this for my family and friends and they don't know it's light. The original recipe called for non fat cottage cheese and non fat ricotta, but I use low fat and part skim, they taste better to me. I also use the oven ready lasagna noodles, which weren't in existence back then. Trust me, you'll never miss the mozzerella cheese, the provolone is so much more flavorful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped and divided
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained & chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups 1% fat cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 (15 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces provolone cheese, shredded approxomately 2 cups
- 1cook meat in a large saucepan over medium heat untilbrowned, stirring to crumble; drain and set aside. Wipe pan with a paper towel.
- 2Coat pan with cooking spray; add onion and garlic, and saute for 5 minutes. Return meat to pan.
- 3Add 2 tablespoons parsley and next seven ingredients; bring to boil. Cover reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Uncover; simmer 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- 4Combine 2 tablespoons parsley, cottage cheese and next 3 ingredients on a large bowl; stir well, and set aside.
- 5Spread 3/4 cup tomato mixture in bottom of a 13x9 pan coated with cooking spray.
- 6Arrange 4 noodles over tomato mixture; top with half of cottage cheese mixture, 2 1/4 cups tomato mixture, and 2/3 cup provolone.
- 7Repeat layers ending with noodles. spread remaining tomato mixture over noodles. cover, bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
- 8Sprinkle with remaining provolone; bake, uncovered, for ten minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with oregano, if deisred.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Light Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 358.9
- Calories from Fat 141
- Total Fat 15.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 71.0 mg
- Sodium 1199.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 34.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-boil lasagna noodles