Recipe by spatchcock
Made these as an appetizer with Mean Chef's Chile Rellenos. They are fabulous and you'd never know they were low fat. I let them cook a little longer than the recipe suggests. These would be PERFECT for any party occasion--superbowl, new year's eve, christmas eve, fourth of july, you name it! Found at weightwatchers.com.
Top Review by MicDoc
I really think this deserves a five...very tasty especially for a low fat dish. I served it to 3 other people and they said it was lacking just a little taste in the cheese mixture...they said maybe some (unhealthy) bacon bits.
- 5 dashes olive oil flavored cooking spray (5 one second sprays)
- 2 ounces light cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 8 medium jalapeno peppers
- 1⁄4 cup fat free egg substitute
- 3⁄4 cup corn flake crumbs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese and mayonnaise; mix well and set aside.
- Halve jalapenos lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Stuff jalapeno halves with cream cheese mixture.
- Place egg substitute in a shallow dish.
- Place cereal crumbs (I just used dried bread crumbs from a package) in a separate shallow dish.
- Dip stuffed jalapeno halves into egg substitute and then roll in cereal crumbs to coat.
- Transfer jalapenos to prepared baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.
- Bake until filling is bubbly, about 30 minutes.
- Serve hot.